B.A.R.C. – Biotechnologies for Assisted Reproduction in Carnivores
B.A.RC. is a study group linked to the E.V.S.S.A.R. whose principal objective is to establish a network between European laboratories dealing with Biotechnologies applied to Reproduction in Carnivores.
This network would allow :
- the exchange of technical and scientific information in order to improve the efficiency of biotechnological procedures;
- the high-lighting of specific competences in different laboratories;
- the establishment of cooperation between laboratories for drawing up common research project;
- the collaboration of reproductive programs aimed at the conservation of wild European Carnivores autochthonous to the area;
- the updating of recent advancement in the field.
To achieve this goal, the B.A.R.C. study group promotes the following activities :
- organization of workshops during annual and biannual meetings;
- organization of visits in different laboratories for learning specific procedures (“A day in the lab”);
- organization of technical-scientific courses on specific topics;
- creation of a Forum and a mailing list on the website.
The B.A.R.C. study group, has close connections with CANDES – IETS parent committee on Companion animals, non-domestic & endangered species.
Contact person for this study group is :
- G.C. Luvoni, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ECAR EVSSAR Board
- E-mail: email@example.com